Anafranil (Clomipramine) is a medication which is known as a tricyclic antidepressant. The active ingredients within the medications are able to affect certain chemicals within the brain, which can become unbalanced as a result the symptoms of Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).
OCD is a condition which will make the person who suffers from it subject to reoccurring thoughts and also repetitive actions on a daily basis. You should not use this medication if you are known to be allergic to any of the active ingredients used during manufactures, as this may cause a severe allergic reaction within your body.
The medication may also be prescribed to you for other purposes that are not listed here; however your doctor will be able to provide you with further information.
Anafranil Side Effects
- Chest pains, dizziness, headaches, confusion, fever, fainting, pale skin and also urinating more than usual are all common side effects which have been associated with the use if this medication.
- The event of a user of Anafranil becoming the subject to any side effects is not very common, however it is important that you are able to recognize the potential side effects that you may encounter.
- Nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, increased appetite, blurred vision and sleep problems are also other less serious side effects that you may encounter.
- If you do notice any side effects which you believe to be a result of using this medication, then you should inform your doctor immediately, and if symptoms become worse you should seek emergency medical aid.
- There are certain medications which may actually interact with this medication, if you are taking any other form of antidepressant medication or if you have taken this type of medication in the past, you should inform your doctor prior to using Anafranil.
- You should avoid drinking alcohol whilst you are taking this medication, as the combination of the two substances can lead to dangerous side effects.